2017-2018 Firebaugh FFA Goals
Goal 1: Have 100 members attend our monthly meeting.
- Objective 1.1: Promote our meetings differently such as posting a week in advance on social media.
- Objective 1.2: Prepare our meetings three weeks in advance to ensure team agreement, and a good meeting plan.
- Objective 1.3: Have our video to promote meetings done a week in advance to ensure a good promotion.
- Objective 1.4: Look at the calendar to plan meeting, where there is not as much conflict
- Objective 2.1: Have a lunch activity and meeting to recruit kids, once before the CDE season starts, to bring awareness to members.
- Objective 2.2: Establish incentives to each team, such as, State Finals winners get a trip to Disneyland, to allow the team to strive for winning. Establish a Veterinary Science, Parliamentarian, Vine Pruning, Agriculture Issues, Marketing Plan, Vegetable Crop, and Agriculture Sales Teams to give the members different options to chose from.
- Objective 2.3: Have our CDE teams place at least once at field days to allow them to keep striving to be State Champions.
- Objective 2.4: Communicate with teachers and coaches of members involved in the CDE teams, to avoid complications during competitions and studying season.
- Objective 3.1: Stay consistent with our involvement in the carnival, 4th of July, parade, etc every year, not just when we are low on funds.
- Objective 3.2: Expand at least two of our community service projects to include our entire community, not only the FFA members.Invite neighboring chapters to at least one of our monthly meetings, such as, dodgeball.
- Objective 3.3: Also, invite 8th graders to at least one of our monthly meetings, such as, the carnival meeting.
- Objective 4.1: Plan informative meetings before the meetings with incentives, such as, a raffle for students and parents.
- Objective 4.2: Formulate a proposal to our boosters before October, on the possibility of providing grant, scholarships, or loans for students who are financially unable to fund their own project.
- Objective 4.3: Have a congratulatory barbeque after the final barn clean up, to congratulate students on the hard work and success.
- Objective 4.4: Purchase halters ,show sticks, or feed to give as a prize at our end of the year banquet.
- Objectives 5.1: Donate our time and effort through community service, at least five times a year.
- Objective 5.2: Establish a community service projects with at least two chapters, such as, Books for Troops.
- Objective 5.3: Continue to educate the youth in the community of the importance of agriculture through Ag Awareness day; as well as, have three campus visits to give presentations continuing the importance of agriculture.